World Water Day 22 March 2011

.

Let me take this opportunity to say thank you for visiting my blog.

I acquired my passion for cycling only in the summer of 2010 whilst training for a London to Paris charity bike ride. I took inspiration from my Dad who cycled Lands End to John O'Groats in 2007 and decided to take to the bike to help raise money for those less fortunate than me. I've always been involved in fundraising for various charities from a young age. I only recently came across WaterAid, a charity who help provide water and sanitation to those without. The statistic deeply shocked me and so I started from scratch and trained for the 300 mile cycle between two of the greatest capitals in the world.

In the space of a year I have gone from not particularly liking bikes to been a keen cyclist. Here is my journey!

Monday 9 August 2010

Training Hard

Training is in full swing now and my Dad is pushing me hard. I'm on the bike or in the gym 4/5 times a week and pretty much try to cycle everywhere (expect work still!) I'm very lucky to have my Dad to train with and we go out every Saturday and Sunday mornings together. The thought of having to get up and on my bike at 7am on my 'days off' makes me want to cry the night before but once I'm out and peddling away there isn't a better feeling. Last weekend we tried a new route out into the Peak District...hills are not my favourite but I was assured it would be good training. I really thought my legs were going to fall off, and at one point going up "Fiddlers Elbow" I got a very frustrated and a little emotional. For those of you who know that road then you may understand why, for those of you who don't then all I can say is it's steep and leads up to Higger Tor. Our second weekend out in the beautiful countryside was much more enjoyable, we added on about 10 miles to our route and missed out the treacherous ascent into Ringinglow. I'm looking forward to cycling this route again very soon and adding on Bakewell for an extra challenge.


I'm forever wanting to stop and take pictures. Unfortunately the few photos I have taken don't do the scenery any justice at all. Please do take a look though via the link at the top of the page.


1st August 2010 - Hathersage and Fiddlers Elbow


View Larger Map





8th August 2010 - Hathersage and Baslow



View Training Route - Hathersage & Baslow in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment