World Water Day 22 March 2011

.

Let me take this opportunity to say thank you for visiting my blog.

I acquired my passion for cycling only in the summer of 2010 whilst training for a London to Paris charity bike ride. I took inspiration from my Dad who cycled Lands End to John O'Groats in 2007 and decided to take to the bike to help raise money for those less fortunate than me. I've always been involved in fundraising for various charities from a young age. I only recently came across WaterAid, a charity who help provide water and sanitation to those without. The statistic deeply shocked me and so I started from scratch and trained for the 300 mile cycle between two of the greatest capitals in the world.

In the space of a year I have gone from not particularly liking bikes to been a keen cyclist. Here is my journey!

Thursday 15 July 2010

Wet Wet Wet

After having two new tyres fitted (looking very flash) I decided yesterday would be the day to take the plunge and cycle to work....take two. Loved it, not idea why I was worried at all. Though there are a few drivers who like to drive a little too close for comfort. I was looking forward to the cycle home until I saw a big black cloud coming my way. I tried hurrying up in the hope I might miss the inevitable downpour that was approaching. Ha obviously didn't peddle fast enough or I was just peddling towards it at great pace! I got soaked through, I can't even explain what it was like. I'm not talking a little bit of rain, I'm talking big fat rain drops, heavy winds, thunder and lightening. I had to stop at one point because the rain was stinging my eyes and thought it would be a good idea to 'hide' under a tree, erm perhaps not when it's lightening. Thankfully is died down a little and I manage to carry on cycling home. I could see all the people in their cars thinking 'is she mad?'....Answer = yes! All in all great fun, it's all part of the experience. Cycling is turning me into a new person. If you would have said 12 months ago I would be cycling home from work in torrential rain I would have laughed in your face.  

I'm really glad I took on the challenge of cycling London to Paris. I have a found a great new hobby/sport/way of life that I really have grown to love. I never thought I'd enjoy cycling so much and would recommend it to everyone. I'm also raising money for WaterAid and approaching the £1,000 mark. A big THANK YOU to everyone who has donated so far. If you haven't yet, you can do so at www.justgiving.com/cycleaid.


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment